Join Le Hong Phong High School to learn some national reading comprehension questions (Nguyen Dinh Thi) to get acquainted with the types of reading comprehension questions about the work in the upcoming exam!
National Reading Comprehension (Nguyen Dinh Thi) – Topic 1:
Read the excerpt “country” (Nguyen Dinh Thi) and answer the following questions:
This autumn is different, I stand and listen in the middle of the mountains and hills, The wind blows the bamboo forest, The autumn sky changes into new clothes. In the blue sky, we talk and laugh passionately. The blue sky is ours. The mountains and forests are ours. The fields are fragrant, the roads are wide, and the red rivers are heavy. saOur country, the country of those who never dieNights whisper in the sound of the earthThe old days speak of
Question 1. In which work is the above excerpt located? Whose?
Question 2. What is the content of the poem? What poetic form is the poem written in?
Question 3. In the three lines of the poem “The wind blows the bamboo forest / The autumn sky changes new clothes / In the blue talk and laugh passionately”, what rhetorical solution did the author use? Let’s state the effect of that rhetorical solution.
Sentence 4. Does the passage from the sentence “The sky is blue here is ours” to the sentence “The old days talk about” uses any rhetorical solution. Let’s state the effect of that rhetorical solution.
Question 5. What image does the whole poem given in the exercise focus on? How does that image appear?
Question 6. What does the word “hidden” in the verse “Our country, the country of those who have never died” mean?
Question 7. Write a paragraph of about 10 lines to record your feelings about the country.
Verse 1. “country” (Nguyen Dinh Thi)
Sentence 2. Expressing joy and joy when the revolutionary autumn of August 1945 was successful. Viet Bac, the cradle of the Vietnamese communists, was released. Free verse
Sentence 3. humanized rhetorical solution. Effect: vividly and faithfully present the image of heaven and earth in autumn: the autumn sky is clear and blue, the autumn wind shakes the branches and leaves, causing the leaves to rustle like joyful cheers and laughter. It was a fresh, pristine, vibrant national image after the day of release.
Sentence 4. The effect of alliteration rhetoric: the phrase “our”, “we” is repeated many times in the poem to affirm and emphasize our nation’s right to master the country.
Sentence 5. The whole poem focuses on presenting the national image. Through the poem, the image of the country appears vivid, honest and close. It is a beautiful country, vast, fertile, fertile, full of life.
Verse 6. The word “hidden” in the verse “Our country, the country of those who have never died” is first understood with the meaning of being lost and hidden. With the same meaning, the verse praises those who have sacrificed their lives for the country and will live forever with their homeland for thousands of years. The word “hidden” is also understood as resolute, resilient. In this sense, the verse expresses the proud attitude of the nation. The Vietnamese people are resilient, resilient, and have never yielded to the enemy.
Question 7. Students can present in many different ways, but they must be reasonable and treat their feelings honestly, without cliché. Personal feelings rather than repeating the feelings of the author in the poem Suggestion: love, be proud of the country, proud of the traditions of the ancestors…
National Reading Comprehension (Nguyen Dinh Thi) – Topic 2:
Read the passage and do the following tasks:
Oh the bleeding countryside
Barbed wire pierced the afternoon sky
Long nights of hot marching
Suddenly miss your lover’s eyes
Reading comprehension questions about “country” Nguyen Dinh Thi
(Language 12, volume one, Education Publishing House, 2008, page 125)
Sentence 1. Identify the modes of expression used in the poem. (1.0 point)
Question 2. What rhetorical solutions are used in the first two lines of the poem? State its symbolic meaning. (1.0 dictionary)
Sentence 3. Rhetorical meaning of the words: cooking, fluttering in the poem. (1.0 point)
Sentence 1. Expression method used in the poem: presentation, expression (1.0 point)
Verse 2. The first two verses use the art of personification. Effect: evokes the image of a country suffering, being trampled by enemies in war (1.0 dictionary)
Sentence 3. The burning words in the poem evoke the beauty of the soldier’s soul: hatred for the enemy, determination to fight with longing for his lover, national love in harmony with private love. (1.0 point).
Selected national essay questions (Nguyen Dinh Thi)
Question 1: What is the genre of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: The genre of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem is free verse.
Question 2: Situation in composing Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: Composing circumstances:
The work was written in the period from 1948 to 1955. The poem is a synthesis of the compositions Bright as clear as the morning in the past (1948), Night of the meeting (1949) and the country (1955). This was the time when he experienced and grew up with his country during the second resistance war against the French.
Question 3: What is the value of the content of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: the content value of the national poem:
The poem expresses national inspiration. Those are reflections on a rich, beautiful, peaceful country; about the revolutionary history of a traumatic nation.
– The poem expresses the author’s deep and subtle feelings about the country in the painful but courageous, resilient and victorious war against the French.
Question 4: artistic value of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: the artistic value of the national poem:
– long and short verses alternate with each other, the tempo changes flexibly.
– Vivid, expressive images, with contrasting images, have high generalizability.
– The poet pays attention to deeply and subtly describe the inner voice of the lyrical character. It includes a combination of emotions and thoughts.
Question 5: What is the theme of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: The theme of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem: The poem expresses a sense of patriotism and deep pride in the nation’s heroic tradition.
Question 6: Image of Hanoi autumn in the author’s nostalgia through the first 7 lines of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
Answer: – the feeling of the country was born one autumn morning:
+ bright and cool in: autumn morning in the pure nature of Viet Bac mountains and forests → the author remembers the autumn of Hanoi in the past in the spacious, high, bright, cool autumn space.
+ nuggets flavor
+ Repeat words
+ cold early morning
+ The body is quite lucky
+ The sun terrace – the leaves are full
⇒ The autumn picture is beautiful but characteristically sad. This is the autumn of entering the resistance war, so under the author’s eyes, it is a little fluttering and disconcerting.
– People who leave / don’t look back ⇒ show determination, people who leave quietly, decisively but also full of nostalgia.
Question 7: The picture of autumn in the Viet Bac war zone in the national poem of Nguyen Dinh Thi?
– The 5-word verse This autumn is different → The poem is short and strong to affirm the change of social circumstances, in people’s perception.
– The mood of people standing happily listening: joy, exhilaration when standing in the middle of free heaven and earth.
– The art of anthropomorphism, metaphorical speech: The wind stops blowing, the bamboo forest flutters / The autumn sky changes to a new shirt / In the blue talks and smiles passionately → Autumn has changed into a new dress, present with simple, rustic images, healthy and bright. Now nature is not silent, but is speaking.
⇒ Beautiful autumn picture, sparkling with joy and pride. From the nostalgia of the old autumn of Hanoi, the poet painted an autumn picture of the Viet Bac war zone with a completely changed mood.
– Blue sky, mountains, roads, fields, rivers: by the art of alliteration, sentence structure in combination with the solution of listing, the author has let readers feel the shape of the country. : has both height, length, width, and depth. → Affirming the richness and wealth of the nation.
– Our message: emphasizing our nation’s sovereignty.
– The phrase Our Country – solemn, solemn.
– The country of those who have never died: the country is felt in its long history and is proud of the nation’s strong heroic tradition.
– Words of the night, murmur – the association of the relationship between the present and the past.
– The pronoun I changed to ta, the lyrical character’s perception of the vast general has replaced the particular.
⇒ A strong, exhilarating tone full of excitement expresses a drastic change. Autumn of a country lamented by slavery has passed, from here is an autumn of independence and freedom. The verse as a complete concept of the nation is felt both in the present and in the depth of the past.
Question 8: The image of the nation emerges from grief through the national poem of Nguyen Dinh Thi?
* nation in grief:
– The countryside – bleeding.
– Barbed wire – pierced the afternoon sky.
– The rice bowl is full of tears.
– The one who crushed the neck – the one who peeled the skin.
→ The images show the suffering of the nation during the war. The enemy destroys all conscious as well as material life.
– miss the lover’s eyes: the harmony between the common – private, the love of the couple – the love of the country.
→ Gentle people turn passionate patriotism into burning hatred and resolutely fight for the right to a rightful life.
* nation of heroic, brave, immortal people:
– Shine on the face of the homeland.
– Turn on hateful voices.
→ fiercely, fiercely
– The Art of Opposition:
Chains >< the sky is full of birds
Guns >< land full of flowers
→ Showing the brutality of the enemy and the patriotism of our people. Affirming the strength of consciousness and soul of Vietnamese people
– The change of scenery → both fighting and building.
– The change of people → simple but resilient, resilient, rebellious.
– The verb to hug (in the verse: ″hug the country…″) is understood in the sense of an adjective: to hold on to, to believe in boundless love, not to let anyone take it away.
– The most outstanding and unique are still the last 4 verses of the song ″Guns explode…get up bright″
+ mode of expression: condensed, solid 6-word poetry.
+ Personalized legal literature, combined with flexibility and skill in bringing the idiom “water breaks the shore” into poetry.
⇒ Create a heroic and magnificent beauty of Vietnamese people and Vietnamese people. The poem summarizes the miraculous rise of our Vietnamese nation. Vietnamese people have stood in the right posture to shake off the stains of slavery.
Question 9: The last stanza of Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
– mode of expression: condensed 6-word poetry.
– Fast tempo, solid tone.
– Guns explode in anger: Generalizing the fierce clash, the heroic spirit of the nation. → The atmosphere of the battlefield is not only covered with fierceness, but also lies in the fighting spirit, turning hatred into angry and heroic gunfire.
– People rise up like water breaking the bank: The image of our army and people entering the battlefield with great enthusiasm. → It has a symbolic meaning of overflowing power comparable to the stature of this magnificent nature.
– Vietnam from blood and mud stood up brightly: From the image of a soldier coming out of the blazing fire, smeared with mud, it generalized into a common symbol for the Vietnamese nation. Bringing an epic and epic nature, through so many wars, but still standing proudly, standing strong, shaking off the mud of the miserable slavery life for decades. → Thanks to the romantic and realistic inspiration, we have shown the strong potential vitality of the Vietnamese people.
⇒ So the image of the heroic rise of a country in a large context is revealed before our eyes. That was the fighting posture and the fierce and heroic victory of our army and people in the battle of Dien Bien Phu.
Question 10: Comment on the short length of the verses, the choice of images and the tempo in Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national poem?
– The alternating long and short verses, the choice of vivid and expressive images, and the flexible tempo helped Nguyen Dinh Thi build a monument to the national image in the struggle and victory. The victory of the Vietnamese people is the result of how much blood has been shed, how much sweat has been shed, and the pain and hardship that come. But that victory is also a great crystallization of passionate love, intense sense of struggle and deep desire for peace.
Let’s refer to Nguyen Dinh Thi’s national reading comprehension questions to get acquainted with these types of reading comprehension questions in exams!
Copyright of the article belongs to Le Hong Phong High School. Any copying is fraud!
Shared source: https://c3lehongphonghp.edu.vn
The best selection of 3 sets of reading comprehension questions for the country (Nguyen Dinh Thi)